WE ARE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL 2D PRODUCTION ARTIST!
VertexBee Studios is a 3D Art Service Studio focused on creating high-end art for video games.
We are in search of a skilled Senior 2D Production Artist to craft polished and production-ready visuals that will enhance the appeal of our projects. The ideal candidate will have a passion for mobile games and expertise in 2D art creation for stylized and casual games. You will be responsible for creating 2D art assets for games, uplift 3D pre-rendered assets through overpainting, as well as creating concepts for characters and environments.
- Create high-quality 2D/3D game assets, covering the entire pipeline from idea generation to production and delivery.
- Develop art assets, including characters, environment designs (isometric mobile game structures), props, etc.
- Perform post-processing and overpainting of 3D blockouts.
- Demonstrate creativity and adaptability to different graphic styles.
- Conduct regular technical quality checks before submitting art assets for animation.
- Provide constructive feedback to peers through draw-overs, notes, and training materials. Learn from peers and welcome constructive feedback to always keep improving on character and environment designs and the pipeline.
- Identify and propose improvements in the art production process by effectively communicating blockers and brainstorming solutions with leads and the art team.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Animation, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong foundation in visual arts and illustration - layout and composition, design, shape language, and color theory.
- Portfolio showcasing proficiency in painting color and light.
- Advanced digital painting techniques.
- Self-driven work ethic and ability to work effectively within an agile team environment.
- Excited to work together with other artists, improve visual skills, and learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Bonus points:
- Demonstrated knowledge in 2D animation using Unity or Spine is a significant advantage.
- Working knowledge of Unity is a plus.
- Examples of isometric artwork for stylized games are appreciated.
Why Join Us?
- Work on AAA games: we make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role within a team of passionate creatives.
- Grow your skills: we invest in our talent development program - you will receive mentoring and access to courses at our own training center Cgzen Academy. Grow as an employee, manager or leader!
- Flexibility: work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote.
How to Apply
✍️ Send us your CV and portfolio with code "2D ARTIST"
in the title at email@example.com